Food Allergy Prosecution, Mock Trial, Sentencing Hearing. One day training seminar
Date of Event
Date(s) - Wednesday 25th March 2020
8:30am - 4:30pm
Location of Event
Center Parcs -Sherwood Forest, Rufford, Newark Nottingham Nottinghamshire NG22 9DN United Kingdom
A Mock Trial – A sentencing in a Food Allergy Case.
We are pleased to announce our second innovative event, in collaboration with Blake Morgan LLP that will explore the legal responsibilities of catering to the customers with food allergies and intolerances, and the consequences of getting it wrong!
This event, presented by Food Allergy Aware & Blake Morgan, will explore a fictional scenario of produce being served that has had the allergens incorrectly labelled. The legal responsibilities of each entity involved in the supply chain of food will be examined as well as the concept of due diligence within the industry and product recall.
Everyone involved in a food business has a legal responsibility to ensure that the products they supply are correctly described and safe to consume. The costs of getting it wrong are high. Failure to control risks in food safety can result in a criminal prosecution – regardless of whether any harm has been caused or not.
Join us in this Mock Trial and you, the delegates, will assist the Judge in conducting the sentencing exercise and applying guidelines for sentencing that came into force in February 2016. Since being introduced these guidelines have resulted in a significant increase in penalties for offenders.
- Early bird Ticket – £205 (closes 31st December 2019)
- Standard Ticket – £240
Agenda for the Day subject to change:
- Welcome & Introductions – Natasha’s Law with Tanya Ednan-Laperouse
- Round Table Networking
- Mock Trial Part 1 – Setting the Scene
- Mock Trial Part 2
- Mock Trial Part 3 – Sentencing
- Hyndburn Borough Council – Helen Dodds, Lessons learnt from the Megan Lee prosecution
- Case Study – Nandos – Robert Kitchen
- Free From Eating Out – Michelle Berriedale-Johnson
- Case Study – Centre Parcs – Damaein Houghton
- Food Allergy Policy – What’s in yours? – Caroline Benjamin
- Champagne Draw & Refreshments
Speaker Bios to follow
Sponsors to follow
For group bookings, up to a maximum of 4 per company, please indicate on the lead booking that this is your intention. Please download the attached booking form to complete and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact us and we can do this for you.
© 2020 Food Allergy Training Consultancy - All Rights Reserved