Posted on: November 3, 2016 | Posted in: Latest News
Gluten Free Yorkshire puddings – Recipe by Mark Kennett – The Gluten Free Chef’s Recipes at Oscars & Bentley’s
- 50g cornflour
50g plain gluten free flour
with a stick blender blend for 2-3 minutes then let it rest at room temp for about 1 hour,
use a muffin tray pour a little oil in each place the tray in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the oil starts to smoke pour off most of the hot oil. ladle in each muffin hole enough mix to fill it up by 1/3 the pop it back in the oven, make for 25-30 minutes, turn off the oven, but what ever you do dont open it for another 5-10 minutes other wise they will collapse, turning the oven & keeping the door closed will dry the mix out, They will be very light about 1/3 lighter than normal Yorkshire puds. Cook @ 180c fan oven
- 1 x Cox Apples Grated
- 500g gluten free bread
- 1 x zest & juice lemon
- 400g kg x Minced pork shoulder
- 1/4 bunch fresh sage chopped
- 100g x chestnuts
- 1 x large Egg beaten
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Milled black pepper
In a food processor blitz the bread in to crumbs, place in a large bowl & add the grated apple, fine grated zest & juice of the lemon, minced pork, fine chopped sage, roughly chopped chestnuts & 1 large egg.
Roll in to 25g balls & bake for 15-20 minutes or use as traditional stuffing & stuff under the skin of the turkey & roast
Gluten free mince pies – Recipe by Mark Kennett – The Gluten Free Chef’s Recipes at Oscars & Bentley’s
50g cherries1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground mace
2 tsp cinnamon
50g gluten free vegetable suit (suma)
1/2 bramley apple,cored & chopped but not peeled
1 lemon & orange cut in to small pieces but not peeled
120ml brandy or whiskey
|Pastry: 375g gluten free plain flour
Mix all dried fruit,spices & suet, put the apple ,orange & lemon pieces in a food processor & puree.
add this mix to the dried fruit along with the alcohol, mix well, cover & set aside for 2-24 hours.
- Put the flour into a food processor dice the butter & blend until it resembles crumbs,add a few tbspn of water & blend until it forms a ball,all pastry to rest for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180c grease & flour the mince pie tins.
- Roll out the pastry to 5mm cut the pastry into circles that are slightly larger than the size of each pie & line the mince pie tin with it, pushing the pastry up the sides,
- spoon the mince pie mix into each pie & then roll out the lids & top each pie,wetting the edge of the dough & pressing together using fingertips.
- Bake for around 20 mins or until golden brown, remove from the oven & dust with castor sugar,allow to cool on a wire rack, when completely cool serve , or warm slightly in the oven.
© 2020 Food Allergy Training Consultancy - All Rights Reserved