Terms and Conditions
FATC – Terms & Conditions
The Food Allergy Training Consultancy (FATC) & Food Allergy Aware website is comprised of various webpages operated by FATC. This website is offered to you conditioned upon your acceptance without modification of the terms and conditions and notices contained herein.
Your use of the site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices.
FATC reserves the right to change the terms, conditions and notices under which the FATC site is offered.
FATC has developed the website to provide information on suppliers and venues that provide for persons with coeliac disease, food allergies and intolerances and related issues. FATC’s website pages does NOT provide medical advice or diagnosis.
FATC cannot be held responsible for the provision of goods or services provided by the suppliers listed on their website, FATC recommends that you always clarify with the supplier prior to purchasing their produce, and it is the purchaser’s responsibility to verify that statements made by the supplier are true and just. If you experienced an issue with a listed free-from supplier please contact their management team in the first instance, then please contact email@example.com with details of the incident and we will investigate further and respond accordingly.
FATC recommends that you always clarify with the venue your dietary requirements prior to dining. FATC cannot be held responsible for the venues provision of services and goods if not adequately provided for due to their error. If you experienced an issue with a venue listed please contact their management team in the first instance, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the incident and we will investigate further and respond accordingly.
It is essential that you consult with your GP or medical consultant with regard to medical issues and before you change your diet to exclude certain food groups. You should not stop taking any prescribed medicine without consulting your GP or consultant.
As a visitor to this site you agree to take responsibility for what you do with the information you access.
Links are provided to other web sites for your information. No responsibility can be taken for the content or accuracy of these sites.
By signing up to FATC distribution lists you agree to receive electronic communications, by email as per the appropriate list signed up for. Emails will be periodic containing information on events including but not limited to, training courses, seminars and workshops. Certified venues, suppliers of products, and special offers. If you no longer wish to receive this information an unsubscribe link will be available in all mailings. We will also provide information by posting on our blog, and feeds via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Eligibility to Purchase and Attend Training, Seminars & Workshops
- To be eligible to purchase the Services on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts with us, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be legally capable of entering into a binding contract
- Provide full details of an address in the United Kingdom
If you are under 18, you may only use the Website in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, you must not use our Website to purchase services.
Trade Only Events
Events labelled as trade will be for attendees from the Food Service & Retail trades
- The prices for events are quoted on the Events page of our website.
- Prices quoted are for provision of services in the UK unless otherwise specified.
- Prices quoted for events are valid as at the date purchased. No discount will be applicable after payment has been made for events.
- Special early booking rates will ONLY be valid for the periods stated and subject to availability at the time of booking.
- FATC has the right to withdraw special rates at any time.
Special rates may have a restricted limit on numbers, once this limit is reached then the standard rate will apply. These rate will be subject to availability at the time of booking.
Payment via PayPal using a debit/credit card.
- By placing an order, you consent to payment being charged to your debit/credit card account or electronic payment account as provided on the order form.
- Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the provision of the Service to you.
- When you pay for your order by card, we may carry out certain checks which include obtaining authorisation from your card issuer to ensure you have adequate funds and for security reasons. This may involve validating your name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases including the card issuer, registered credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- To cover charges via PayPal a booking fee will be applicable on all bookings as stated on the appropriate Event page
Payment by Invoice,
- On receipt of your booking form, FATC will issue you with an invoice
- Invoices should be paid within 10 days of their issue date, failure to do so could result in cancellation in your booking. Payment by cheque or bank transfer
- Confirmation of your booking will be sent on receipt of payment.
- The event booking form will accept single registrations, if you would like to invoice more than one attendee please state within the comments box the names that have registered, which are to be linked on the single invoice. or email email@example.com with the information for clarification
By accepting these Conditions you:
- Undertake that all the details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing Services are correct and that the payment card you are using is your own and that have sufficient funds to cover the cost of the Services ordered.
- Authorise us to transmit the payment and information provided by you during the order process (included any updated information) for the purpose of obtaining authorisation from your card issuer to ensure you have adequate funds, to authenticate your identity, to validate your payment card and for other security reasons, such as fraud prevention
We shall contact you should any problems occur with the authorisation of your card.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from our Website.
Ordering Services and Contractual information
- All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If any Services ordered are not available, you will be notified electronically and you will have the choice to go on a wait-list or to cancel your order. It is your responsibility to provide us with a valid email address to enable us to notify you of the situation.
- Any order placed by you constitutes an offer to purchase the Services from us. All such offers received from you are subject to acceptance by us and we reserve the right to refuse any order placed by you at any time prior to acceptance, without providing an explanation.
- You shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the details provided by you during the order process and we will not accept an order unless all details requested from you have been entered correctly.
- You agree that if we contact you to acknowledge receipt of your order such communication shall not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase the Services ordered by you from the Website.
- A contract between you and us (the ‘Contract’) incorporating these Conditions will only subsist after we have debited your payment card and have confirmed that we shall be providing the requested Service.
- We will send you an email to confirm this (Confirmation of Attendance). This Confirmation will amount to an acceptance of your offer to buy the Services from us. The Contract will only be formed when we send you the Confirmation email (whether or not you receive it).
- The Contract will relate only to the Services stated in the Confirmation of Attendance… We will not be obliged to supply any other Services which may have been part of your order until we have sent you a separate Confirmation Notice relating to it.
- You must check that the details contained in the Confirmation notice are correct and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
You will be subject to the version of our policies and conditions in force at the time that you order the Services from us, unless:
Any change to policies and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority
We will notify you of changes to our policies and/or conditions before we send you the Confirmation email, in which case, we are entitled to assume that you have accepted it, unless we receive written notification from you to the contrary within seven working days of receipt of the Confirmation email.
FATC reserves the right to refuse entry to delegates for non-payment.
Cancelling Your Contract
Cancellation up to 7 days after purchase
You are entitled to cancel your Contract and obtain a refund within 7 working days from the date of payment received on condition the refund is not 28 days prior to the event date booked. An administration charge of £15.00 maybe applicable and will be deducted from your refund. After 7 days no refund is applicable.
You will no longer have a right to cancel if, with your agreement, if we have already commenced providing the Services to you before this period of time expires.
You must notify us of your wish to cancel by sending us a cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to 249 Fair oak Road, Bishopstoke, Hants, SO50 8JU. Your cancellation notice must quote your name, address, the name or a description of the services and your order reference number from your payment invoice.
Upon receiving your cancellation notice, we will contact you providing any necessary instructions which you will be required to follow.
Seminars - Subject to the FATC’s discretion it may be possible to transfer your enrolment to another colleague, it will be your responsibility to ensure we receive contact details to ensure registration and joining instructions are forwarded to the correct attendee. FATC cannot be held responsible for incorrect details of attendees and joining instructions not received due to a change in attendee.
Training Sessions & Workshops – Subject to availability and at FATC’s discretion we may be able to offer an alternative date to exchange for the session being cancelled. An Administration charge of £15.00 maybe applicable at the discretion of FATC at the time of change and this will be confirmed by email. Payment will be required in full before the exchange of dates will be confirmed
So long as you have complied with your obligations under this section, we will refund the purchase price less any applicable administration charges to you by debiting the payment card you used to purchase the Services.
FATC is not responsible for the non-arrival of confirmation documents. Your booking will be acknowledged within 2 weeks of your booking, if you do not hear from us within this time please contact the FATC Team on 07732637292
Cancellation of Event
The FATC reserves the right to cancel an event and to change the venue and content of the programme at any time.
Should the event cancel a refund of the ticket price will be applicable ONLY FATC will not be held liable for any other costs incurred in regard to your attendance of the event
If you have a comment, concern or complaint about any Services listed on our website, please contact us by email Consultancy@fatc.co.uk 249 fair oak Road, Bishopstoke, Hants, SO50 8JU
Our website is covered by copyright, and material should not be copied for public use without prior permission. If you would like to use any graphics or logos from the FATC web site, permission needs to be granted by the FATC management in writing.
The “Food Allergy Aware” logo, registration number UK00002621141 is the property of FATC and may not be used without prior permission. Use of the logo without permission could result in legal action. No licence is granted to you to use our registered trademark in these conditions. If FATC deems that there is a misuse of the logo for licenced users it will remove all rights for its use without refund of fees paid.
Liability and Indemnity
Nothing in this Agreement limits or excludes the liability of FATC:
- for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; or
- for any damage or liability incurred by the Client or Participant as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by FATC.
FATC’s website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise (unless otherwise expressly stated in these Conditions or required by law) in relation to the information, materials, content or services found or offered on the Website for any particular purpose or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, timeliness, performance, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade custom.
We will not be liable if the Website is unavailable at any time.
We make no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the availability of the Website or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website and we accept no liability of any kind for any loss or damage resulting from action taken in reliance on material or information contained on the Website.
We cannot guarantee and cannot be responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided by you. You must bear the risk associated with the use of the internet. In particular, we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, any viruses trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful that may infect your computer, peripheral computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material as a result of your use of the Website or you downloading any material posted or sold on the Website or from any website linked to it.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to carry out our obligations within a reasonable period of time but will not be liable to you for any loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from any delays in doing so.
We will not be liable, in contract or delict (including, without limitation, negligence), or in respect of pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent misrepresentations) or otherwise for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings and any other consequential loss); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect losses; or
- any loss of data; or
- wasted management or office time; or
- any other loss or damage of any kind suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with the provision of any matter under these Conditions and/or the Contract and/or the use of this Website or any aspect related to your purchase of the Services even if such losses are foreseeable or result from a deliberate breach of these Conditions by us that would entitle you to terminate the Contract between us or as a result of any action we have taken in response to your breach of these Conditions.
- You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, including but not limited to losses (including loss of profit, revenue, goodwill or reputation), costs and expenses, including reasonable administrative and legal costs, arising out of any breach of these Conditions by you, or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website or any other person accessing the Website using your personal information with your authority.
- This clause does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your contractual cancellation rights.
Neither party shall be in breach of these Terms and Conditions nor liable for any failure or delay in performance of its obligations (other than the obligation to make payments of money) arising or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, acts of God, fire, explosion, embargo, terrorism, civil disturbance, epidemics, lightning damage, electromagnetic interference, radio interference, strikes and industrial dispute.
In order to monitor and improve customer service, we may occasionally record telephone calls.
FATC respects the privacy of visitors. We will not use any personal data collected on this site for any purpose other than that specifically stated. We do not release information to third parties unless previously agreed
These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales.
The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or its subject matter.
© 2018 Food Allergy Training Consultancy - All Rights Reserved